Monday, August 23, 2010

Summertime Sunflowers

Summer is drawing to a close.  The neighborhood kids went back to school today.  I am dreaming of Autumn, my favorite time of year.  Bring me the pumpkins, the acorns, the crisp nights, football, craft shows, colorful mums, Halloween -- I love it all.  We are not quite there yet, however.  I don't decorate for fall until after Sept. 1st. 
One thing always makes me smile in August.  Beautiful sunflowers.  They are like happy faces warming themselves in the sun.  When I was driving to the Shaker Woods Crafts Festival in Columbiana, Ohio last year, I came upon a number of sunflower farms with hundreds of acres of gorgeous sunflowers.  Here are some photos to make you smile.














                   The Happy Triplets!














 


























 













                      Check out the Bees.














           A little Color Select Studio Twist --















Until next time -- Be Well and Happy -- Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment