Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Back

It has been a long four months since my last post.  I am so happy to see that I now have three followers.  I am glad to know that someone out there is reading my Blog finally.  I have been very ill and have spent a lot of time in the hospital in March/April, but hopefully things are back to "normal" health wise now.  My life is going through a lot of difficult and major changes right now.  I am trying my very best to keep a positive attitude as much as possible. 

This makes my portion of the Blog -- "Something made me smile today" so much more important to me.  It is about 4:30 am on June 9th.  Later today one of my very dear friends' son will  graduate from high school.  He and his sister are the closest thing that I have to my own children since I do not have any children of my own.  I have loved them with all of my heart since the day that they were born.  Today Patrick will graduate and soon he will be off to college.  He will indeed make me smile and cry at the same time today when I watch him walk across that stage.   How could time have gone by so quickly?  Wasn't it just yesterday that his mother and I were in college together?   He has his whole world ahead of him, and it will be wonderful, beautiful, magical.   He has a fantastic family, he is in good health, and he will have amazing lifelong friends.  Those are the true blessings of life.   

I will post some pictures tomorrow.  I promise to post regularly from now on.  I just started to read the book "Eat, Pray, Love" -- I think that it will be an interesting journey.  Until tomorrow -- Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment